Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Friday 1 May 2015

Oystercatchers.

 It's been an exciting,busy week. I saw the lay out for Stitch magazine of my article on my Isles of Scilly sketchbook. I will say more when I know which edition to look out for. I had to write captions for the photos, so that took me back to this time last year and our lovely holiday.
 Those wonderful colours of turquoise and blue! I didn't really finish the work inspired by the holiday and recorded in the sketchbook. So I made a piece this week. Oystercatchers- I had a chance to study a pair close up at Slimbridge last Sunday, it is their piping call that is so evocative of the seaside.
It is a reminder of the holiday- same weather as now- bright and breezy, settling into blue skies and warmth. It will be on show at Nature in Art (Twigworth) in August with the sketchbooks.(11th-31st)

No comments:

Post a Comment