Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Friday 26 February 2016

3 feathers collected in Avening field.

Three feathers collected in the large field above our house. They are pheasant or partridge I think. Perfect in their pattern and their feathery quality.They speak of presence and loss.
All week I have been working on this piece- still not finished it yet. As much undoing as doing. I went in very strong with the colour at first then had to take it out, then put it back in again. I will reveal it all when I have got there. A real lesson in problem solving and determination. I want the strong colour but it has to flow. I may leave it to settle for a day. I will pin up the piece on my wall and consider it. I often think of a piece settling into itself. Or into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment