Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 28 September 2016

thistle head

I realised I must finish this piece first because it will need framing for November. So full steam ahead with renewed vigour to get this work done. Now is the season of change- the hedgerows are full of berries and seed heads. I also realised this morning it is 30 years since I began my City and Guilds Embroidery Course and began a change from infant teaching to stitching. I started at The Rowans in Cheltenham College with Maureen Pallister as a tutor. We began with learning all the stitch families and had to produce masses of samplers. This thistle head is straight stitch using silk, brushed out to fluff it up and a few fly stitches.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you know how to use stitches, that's sure thing. I can't stop looking at this thistle's head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and support!

      Delete