Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Thursday 3 November 2016

Playing with colour-Sue Dove, collage online workshop.

 I went to see my friend Carla who shared with me a workshop she had done with Sue Dove. It is all online just google Sue Dove. It is an exercise with collage and colour. I went home and got started. Wonderful to use bright colours and play. Great that I have the time just to play! The first ones I didn't theme just went for it.
 You tear some magazine pictures into shapes and colour around them. Then cut them up. See online or proper instructions!
 You end up with abstract pieces each one a little work of art.
 I was thinking Autumn colours and flying leaves in these ones. They can be interpreted in embroidery, quilts, canvaswork etc. A great way to design especially if you are too literal and want to go more abstract. Thank you Carla for sharing and thank you Sue Dove for putting in online for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. These look really fascinating - I will Google Sue Dove. It reminds me of extended drawing that I love to do, but this time with colour.Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I am really glad to pass it on. Hope to work some more with this and put my own slant on it!

    ReplyDelete